Bangkok Hospital Pattaya in cooperation with Queen Savang Vadhana Memorial Hospital (Somdej Pra Boromrajthevi na Sriracha) Thai Red Cross Society would like to invite all of you to join our blood donation campaign: “New Blood for the World” 9th year
- Wednesday 27 December 2017
Time: 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Location: Lobby, Building E, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
- 17-60 years of age.
- Excellent health, with the weight over 45 kg.
- No history of hepatitis or jaundice.
- No history of malarial fever for the past 3 years and no sexually transmitted diseases, infectious diseases, persistent cough, coughing up blood, hemophilia, blood-related diseases, asthma, allergy, epilepsy, long-term skin diseases, kidney diseases, heart problems, diabetes, thyroid.
- No considerable weight loss.
- No behaviors of sexual promiscuity. No record of drug use.
- Female donors are not menstruating or pregnant.
Before blood donation:
- Get enough sleep-at least 6 hours.
- Stay healthy–free from colds and medications.
- Prior to the donation, eat non-fat digestible food.
- No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before the donation.
- To enhance the blood-purifying capacity of the lungs, quit smoking 1 hour before and after the donation.
- Please do not give blood if:
- You or your spouse has been involved in sexual intercourse with a male or female prostitute without using condoms during the past 3 months.
- You or your spouse have been intravenous drug users.
- You have tested positive for HIV.
After Blood Donation:
- Rest for a while. Getting up abruptly may cause nausea.
- Drink the beverage prepared for you and drink a lot of water for 1 day.
- Make sure you feel all right before leaving.
- In case of dizziness, tell the officer immediately.
- Take the prescribed iron 1 tablet once a day to prevent iron deficiency.
- To prevent bruises and swelling, avoid using the punctured arm for 12 hours.
- Avoid activities that use too much energy and cause perspiration.