What is Laparoscopic Surgery
Laparoscopy is a method of performing surgery instead of making a large incision for certain operation , surgeons make small incisions and insert tiny instruments and a camera , to view the internal organs and repair or remove tissue.
What are the benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic approachs avoid large incisions on the skin and abdominal wall , these techniques avoid having the intestines exposed to the room air during surgery and cause less systemic inflammation and post-operative intestinal scar tissue.
- Reduced hemorrhaging , which reduced chance of needing a blood transfusion
- Smaller incision , which reduced pain, leading to less pain medication needed and shortens recovery time , faster return to do everyday living , as well as resulting in less post-operative scarring
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants thereby reduced risk of acquiring infections.
- New generation 3D laparoscopic technology resolved limitation of 2D perception
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Thyroid Surgery
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Antireflux Surgery
- Laparoscopic Adrenals Surgery
- Laparoscopic Small Intestine, Spleen, Pancreas and Liver
- Laparoscopic Single Incision